Could You Be The Next Young Mayor for 2011/12?
- Are aged between 14 (by 1 September 2011) and 19* (*or between 14 and 25 if an individual has specific needs e.g. a Learning Disability)
- Live, work or go to school in the Borough of Melton
- Would like to represent Melton‘s young people
Then stand as Melton Borough Council‘s next Young Mayor!
What does being a Young Mayor involve?
- You would represent young people in Melton Borough
- You would voice the interests of young people to the Mayor, Councillors, and the Community
- You would attends events that interest Melton‘s young people
Being the young mayor is a changing role but you will learn new skills and have new experiences that you will be able to take with you into the future. You will have a chance to shine at public events, and meet a verity of people while in office. The most important part of the role is making a difference, you will be the face of all the young people and will have an opportunity to have a voice on their behalf.
How do I apply?
Please download an application pack with all the information about how to apply.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 23rd September 2011
Think its not for you?
Local Democracy Week runs from 10th – 14th October 2011 and during this week the voting will take place for your new Young Mayor. If the job of young mayor is not for you, you can still have an active role by making sure you decide who gets the job. Voting is held in local Schools/ Colleges and Connextions and every vote counts. Make sure you vote during this week.
Contact the Young Mayor on: YoungMayor@melton.gov.uk